Saturday, December 6, 2008

Change can be good, right?

Well, like several of my friends, I'm am migrating over from another site that has changed a little too much for me. It's turning into something that I just am not. So here I am!

But onward to other things.

Last night I took the girls to the Daddy Daughter Dance. So it was me and 100 Dads. There were a couple of moms there serving food, but I was the only one actually attending. At first I was a little uncomfortable, but then a mom told me something that made me feel so much better. She said her father died when she was a young child and she never got to go to any of the Daddy Daughter events because her mother wouldn't dream of going. And then it occurred to me - not only should I not be uncomfortable, but I should feel priviledged to be there. No other mom was. How cool was that? So we ate fattening food and danced the night away. By the time we left I could barely walk. Maybe next time I should wear sensible shoes.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are too cool!! I agree, your girls deserve to go to anything, even if the jerk won't take them.. so.. mom into the breach!! That's a real mom,now.. glad you had fun.. And even gladder you're over here with us!!
hugs,
Jean

YELLOW said...

How cool. Glad you had a great time despite being the only female.

Bet your girls love you so much for it.

And welcome to blogger. I feel a bit more comfortable here. Hope you do too.

Hugs and love

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been reading your blog for... 2 years now? And have never commented. Live Spaces was way icky and too difficult. Anyway, I love your blog and the wonderful stories you have! Thanks for sharing... And as a fellow NWB dweller, feel your pain on the weather!

Kelly said...

Hi! Glad you've joined the rest of us!

I think it's wonderful that you took your girls and had fun. They will always remember that. :)

Kelly (formerly southerndramaqueen...formerly arkansasgirl)