Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's a good thing she's cute

At work, 4:00 pm. Phone rings.

"Maria! phone. I think it's one of you kids."

Well, that's never good.

Hello?

"Mom? I forgot to tell you. I have a recital tonight."

"What?"

"It's at 7:00"

"Tonight?"

"I'm sorry! I forgot to tell you!"

"What time do you have to be there?"

"I don't know, a little before"

"Was there perhaps a note you forgot to show me?"

"Mayyyyyybeeeee."

"Shannon, do you have any idea how mad I am right now?"

"Sorry! Oh yeah, we have to go buy cookies too."

Of course we do.

3 comments:

Sultan said...

Any excuse to buy cookies!

Tracie said...

Ya L O V E having that crap sprung on me at the last minutes! Cuteness only holds out so long - I'm just saying..

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Yup. Same same here. Gotta love kids...